Arrow of Light Ceremony

We are having our Arrow of Light ceremony this March and I'm trying to locate a suitable script. We are breaking the service into the AOL ceremony that is being held at our school and then at a later date we are doing the cross over outdoors at a local pack called 7 bridges. I'm trying to find a suitable script just for the AOL ceremony. We plan on presenting each of our 4 scouts with their patch and their arrows. If you have a script that I could use that would be great. I found a couple of ones online but each one contained the ceremony and the cross over. Due to weather we want to hold the ceremony inside and the crossover outside. Thanks

We always hold our AOL ceremony inside and we have great success. One of my Wood Badge tickets when I did Wood Badge was to do the AOL ceremony for 2014 (where my oldest nephew was crossing over into Boy Scouts). I actually wrote my script myself. I was rather close to most of the boys in the group and my oldest nephew and I are extremely close. I was bawling, I had parents bawling, and I had the audience bawling. I basically rewrote the Bobcatting ceremony and we did the facepainting again. It fit this group well because they all talked about how much they did not like having their face painted when they joined, so they left with the same colors! Although they were not head over heels about being painted again, they all had a giant smile on their face and I think it made the ceremony relatable, especially to those who were Bobcatted not too long ago.

I've tried to upload my ceremony but it's invalid? If you'd like I can send it to you, or I can post it here..? It may not suit you 100% but it may spark some thoughts or you might find that you want to write your own. I wasn't a fan of any of the ceremonies out there personally, that's why I ended up writing my own, and it was a great success. The leader actually asked me for a copy because he loved it so much.

• 2 weeks later...
We ask the local chapter of the Order of the Arrow to do the ceremony and they do it very well.

Yes. Probably same for all the OA units, but ours wears the full Indian garb and bangs on a drum and everything. Very cool ceremony. When my den got their AOL, I didn't use a script. Instead, we took a journey down memory lane. I walked the audience through my boys' Cub Scout years starting with the first recruitment meeting my son and another boy attended as 1st graders. I briefly went through each year and had each boy come up and stand with me when I got to the year they joined. I talked about some of the fun things they did as Cubs and the growth that I saw in them as a group. When I got to the end of their journey, I talked about how they were now ready to receive the highest honor in Cub Scouts, and on that signal we turned off the lights, the OA started banging their drum, entered the room, and took it from there.