Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Twocubdad View Post

Please don't.

I'm joking.

But I'll offer up opportunities to get all 20 during the 18 months. My boys in the patrol decided they wanted to camp monthly from Sep-May, so we will probably do one activity pin per campout like we did Outdoorsman for our first campout. I like having a theme :-) so that is 8 right there, plus we will have Patrol meetings 3 weeks a month so I wouldn't be surprised if we are mostly done with all 20 by next June.

Comment

There you go again calling a Den a Patrol. However if they really do camp once a month I might look the other way. Like you I want to of for the opportunity to achieve all 20. Beyond the 7 for AOL will be at my convienence not theirs and when the requirement says "with your family". That means at home on your own not with your Scout family at den meetings.

Comment

Why do you think completing all twenty is so important? Oh, btw, get used to calling a 2nd year Webelo group a patrol, it is under the new AOL program

Comment

Originally posted by Old_OX_Eagle83 View Post
          Why do you think completing all twenty is so important? Oh, btw, get used to calling a 2nd year Webelo group a patrol, it is under the new AOL program

Just the boys want to do the 20. I'm cool with it. I will give them the opportunity but they will need to put the effort in if they want it.

IMHO, they are at the right age to begin learning the patrol method. No if I can get the sports obsessed parents to realize that character is more important that winning I would love it.

Comment

Working...
          X