Where to place "Pins" on Uniform

My grandson has received numerous belt loops and pins for various activities (i.e. baseball, fishing, bowling, etc.......).

I am trying to find out where the pins are to be placed. I could not find anything showing this. Please help

If they are the Sports and Academic pins that Cubs earn after getting their belt loop, they go on a yellow C that is worn on the red vest. If some has an older Insignia Guide, like 1980s or 90s, I think the letter could also go on the red jacket as well, just like the Varsity/Venture Letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on the number of beltloops, I have seen the "overage" (too many BLs for the skinny Cub's waist) displayed on a seperate "belt" worn as a bandoleer over the right shoulder (not "official", but hey), ala the Boy Scout Merit Badge Sash. The Pins could go on that , too. The Sport and Academic Pins , as has been said , can be displayed on the Cub's hat or better yet, on the red "Brag" vest. Get him the Big size, he will grow into it and then (with all the other patches for PWD, CSDC, B&G, overnights, etc. ) he can display it with his other memorabilia to his grandkids!

KiSMiF, YiS

One of the inherent flaws in the dying academics and sports program..... and in the BSA uniform..... in my opinion

There's no really good "official" way for a boy to show off his collection of patches and pins.

And to me it can start looking really bad when folks start sticking extra pins and patches on the uniforms, especially when something goes in the wrong place!

My son tried wearing his on his hat but they just irritated him up there, so we keep them at home on the yellow C that we'll eventually stick in a shadow box. No one in our pack wears any sashes or red vests (never thought to ask about it.) With the A&S program going out now, I wonder if they'll want the scouts wearing them at all (beltloops/pins.)

At our recent scout religious medals ceremony in our diocese, there were a few of the older Girl Scouts with vests literally quilted with overlapping patches on the back. with no free space anywhere!

Their set-up is very different for sure.....

• 4 weeks later...
If they are the Sports and Academic pins that Cubs earn after getting their belt loop' date=' they go on a yellow C that is worn on the red vest. If some has an older Insignia Guide, like 1980s or 90s, I think the letter could also go on the red jacket as well, just like the Varsity/Venture Letter.[/quote']

Yep, my son has his pins on the "C" which my wife sewed to his red brag vest.

I'm glad he got the chance to earn some before the program goes away. They are VERY popular with our den. I think the designs are pretty cool.