crossover ceremony

My pack never did crossover ceremonies, but we're now teamed up with another one that does. (Or does now that they have an involved 11 year old boy scout leader.) We had one last month for a boy, who had turned 11 in December. He wore his boy scout uniform. My son will be crossing over the end of the month. Should he wear his cub uniform or his boy scout uniform?

What we do is wear the webelos uniform with webelos necker and epaulets. They start the crossover with their Cub Leader and then come over to their Scout Leader. Scouts replace their necker and epaulets with scout versions. Check with your local Order of the Arrow to see if they can come help.

i'm not familiar with the typical functions of most LDS units on this front. For most of the "community" units that I've worked with, the crossover ceremony had the Webelos stay in their Cub uniforms. For most of these units, the Webelos were already wearing the tan shirts anyway as that seems to be the more popular option here in New Jersey. In many cases, during the crossover ceremony, shoulder loops were changed from blue to green and/or neckerchiefs and slides were swapped to boy scout versions. It all varied slightly depending on the traditions of the particular packs and troops involved. Of course, these ceremonies also happened in groups, as these units did not involve the LDS membership timing.

Have a quick discussion with the Scoutmaster involved, and perhaps ask other units in the area what they typically do. No one is going to get mad at you for a wrong answer on this, since there really isn't a wrong way to do it.

Our boys typically wear the blue shirt for all of cubs. (3 years- buy it big to make it last and then buy the tan shirt big so it'll last a few years.) My son does not have the webelos things that go with the tan shirt because he's been wearing the blue. I was told that the boys here don't wear neckers in boy scouts. I did get him the proper loops. I will need to talk to the leader about this ceremony. For the last, he was the guy on the one side and I don't know who the guy was on the other side. Our current 11 year old leader was recently in webelos, so maybe that's why. I think that I should be the leader on the cubs side and him on the other.

CS uniform, but most are wearing the tan uniform as WEBELOS

webelos necker and shoulder loops removed by CM or DL before climbing on bridge.

SM from his new troop stops him half way across the bridge and asks a question.... such as "name something you learned that will help you in Scouting."

Then as he steps off the bridge, the PL/scouts put on his new necker and loops

Our boys typically wear the blue shirt for all of cubs. (3 years- buy it big to make it last and then buy the tan shirt big so it'll last a few years.) My son does not have the webelos things that go with the tan shirt because he's been wearing the blue. I was told that the boys here don't wear neckers in boy scouts. I did get him the proper loops. I will need to talk to the leader about this ceremony. For the last, he was the guy on the one side and I don't know who the guy was on the other side. Our current 11 year old leader was recently in webelos, so maybe that's why. I think that I should be the leader on the cubs side and him on the other.
Just make it special with what you have. You can see Crossover ceremonies on youtube.

My boys wanted to wear their CS uniforms over their BS uniforms and when they went across the bridge they would rip off the CS uniform like superman. I told them that was a "no". I honestly don't care what uniform they wear, as long as it is tucked in. I don't even think we will swap out shoulder loops at the crossover. Takes up too much time with an already packed agenda.

My boys wanted to wear their CS uniforms over their BS uniforms and when they went across the bridge they would rip off the CS uniform like superman. I told them that was a "no". I honestly don't care what uniform they wear, as long as it is tucked in. I don't even think we will swap out shoulder loops at the crossover. Takes up too much time with an already packed agenda.
that would be pretty cool.

My troop participates in crossover ceremonies. Our scouts perform the opening flag ceremony. Then the scouts carry in a bridge. On each plank is written the scout law. The troop historian recites a crossover speak. The Webelos leader removes the Webelos necker and blue epaulets. Shakes the Webelos hand and sends him over the bridge. As the Webelo crosses over they recite the law. 2 Boy Scout color guards stand ready to put on the green epaulets. Our SPL shakes the hand of the new scout and directs him to line up with the troop. The scouts all enjoy the event.