Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blw2 View Post
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...22%20Height%20

Strips of fabric to look like flames, mounted above a fan..... sometimes with lights, although for your purpose I would think red and orange fabric would do.

I've been toying with the idea of buying this or similar for use in pack meetings occasionally. Just wish it was bigger.

For yours, do you have a way to power a big box fan?
    We do I'd read using a silk type fabric but figured that would be too transparent and hard to see (even colored.) The fabric would be a better thought. I love that decoration, I might buy that for my house next Halloween!

Comment

I Guess We were Lucky around here in Texas.
      we can still throw out Candy to Viewers along the Parade Route..
      Several Years ago our pack did basically the Same thing..
      A Winter Camping trip..
      The Smallest Cubs who would get tired before the parade had concluded rode on the Decorated Trailer..All Participants on the Float remained seating at all times.
      Everyone else walked besides the Float..

Last Year we did a Cabin with Fireplace...

Both years we used a Propane Fire in the Campfire and Fireplace...So real

Comment

• dedkad
        dedkad commented
        Editing a comment
        Our boys ride bikes in our parade, but I always figured if we ever had a float with some walkers, the walkers could each carry a sign depicting one of Cub Scout's 12 Core Values.

For accuracy, why not have a large fire lay and occasionally chunk a smoke bomb in it. All smoke, no flames, no heat, no light. Anyone who has ever tried to complete First Class cooking will understand immediately.

Comment

Working...
      X