Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King Ding Dong View Post
    the bike safety quiz,, bike safety AGAIN,
    I don't have a problem with the bike stuff being repeated. It is really one of the first ways that a kid can really be independant. It is also a great teaching vehicle on taking care of stuff and how it works mechanically. There is risk involved with it a bike is going to lose any battle with a car, I think it takes hearing this more than one time for some kids. Both times we did it it was part of a bike ride. The first time was an a dirt trail so they got to experience a little bit of mountain biking. For about 1/2 of the kids it was the first time there ever rode off of their street. The 2nd time was on a paved bike path that crossed a lot of streets it was picked to give them practice with interaction with traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by King Ding Dong View Post
      We are meeting immediately after school on premises. We can make some field trips work, but the bike stuff would be a logistical mess. Bear at least offers a lot more flexibility, so if we do the bike thing on a Saturday and some cubs don't show they can do it own their own or pick another one to do.
      It sounds like having it on school property is easier, but that may also make it seem more like school.

Comment

• dedkad
        dedkad commented
        Editing a comment
        Being able to do things on the school grounds that they can't normally do at school is exciting for the kids.

• King Ding Dong
        King Ding Dong commented
        Editing a comment
        Due to several of the boys in the after school care program it makes attendance much easier and will help greatly in the winter months. Overall it will be better as we can do more outside activities. Though we me need to move whittling chip off-site.
    Working...
    X