Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far to go to help a boy earn his rank?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the boy as acun scout doesnt want the goals of a cub scout have an honest discussion with the parents that crossing of to boy scout may not be the wisest idea unless he nust wants the fun of it.

Comment

Good to come back to this. Home Depot finally got back to me about setting up a den meeting at the store, where the boys can come, learn about tools, and make something useful. I set it up for September. I was real happy, so I told the wolf leader. (The one who doesn't do anything other than show up with treats.) She responded with- "Can't we set it up earlier?" One wolf's birthday is this Thursday and he needs to do the tools achievement. (We are extending the deadline until the pack meeting immediately following his birthday and his mom is doing a lot. Unfortunately, the boy started late and the wolf leader never got around to explaining the program to the family. I did, when he had 3 months left.) He has to do similar woodworking stuff when he's a bear.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it. A boy doesn't need to advance in rank in order to be in Scouts. When he is 11 or in the 6th grade he can join Boy Scouts, he doesn't need to earn the Arrow of Light.
        When he is a Boy Scout he won't need to earn rank advancements in order to attend meetings or hang out with the other guys. He can still have an enjoyable experience sans all the do-dads.
        Last edited by Khaliela; 07-17-2013, 06:35 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Ways I traumatized my daughter: on the morning of her birthday took her shooting with the crew. She had less time to spend partying with her friends (although they wern't going to get together until late afternoon, and one of her friends was coming to this crew event)! Yep scarred her for life. She grew up to be one of the finest ladies on the planet, IMHO.
          Last edited by qwazse; 07-18-2013, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X