Pack issues and concerns

My family and I have been involved in scouting for over 6 yrs with a local Cub Scouts Pack in Livermore, CA.. For the past 5 yrs. I was the Treasurer of this Pack and also Den Leader for the past 2 yrs. Recently, end of March to be exact, a married couple took over leadership of this Pack. The husband, Courtney stepped into Cubmaster role and his wife, Gail stepped into Committee Chair role. As soon as they took over their new roles, Gail asked me to add her as a signer to the Pack bank account. I didn't see a problem with that, so I added her as a signer on the account. About one week later, I discover by accident that my name was removed from the bank account. When I went to the bank to investigate, the bank showed me a falsified Boy Scouts of America letter indicating my termination from treasurer role and it was signed by Courtney and another committee member. A few days later, I get an email notification from Gail saying that my position as Treasurer was terminated. I believe this was done to gain control of the Pack finances and account. There were no causes for termination and no one else knew of this except for the parties involved. A week later, I find out that they tried to change the name on the Pack storage unit and the storage facility had even urged me to go there and change the security code and lock. As result, Courtney was banned from the storage facility. Later on, I find out that they were slandering me to past leaders of the Pack. I tried reaching out to some of these leaders for advice regarding issues I've been facing and no one would talk to me. I contacted our Charter Org. Rep and he won't step in either because he claims that their organization is "non partisan" and will not get involved in our politics. Recently, the 3 leaders involved removed my kids from the Pack without an explanation. I had no choice but to continue on with the chains of command in the Boy Scout organization and even contacted national. As of yet, nothing has been done to address any of this. After volunteering for so many years, we have never had any problems with any of the leaders nor the organization. The one question I get asked over and over again is what their motivation is for doing all this. There were no causes nor basis for removing me from the account and there were no causes nor explanations for removing my kids from the Pack. All I wanted out of this was a simple apology but they couldn't even admit any wrongdoing and the Boy Scout organization has not stepped in at all to help address any of this. I have hard copy evidence for termination letter submitted to the bank, a letter from the storage facility indicating the incident and still, the BSA has done nothing to help resolve any of this.

I'm a pack treasurer myself.

When I had the pack checking account transferred to me, the bank required a resolution passed by the pack committee to make the change.

Who is the chartered partner for the pack? The registered Institutional Head can decide who they want running their Cub Pack for them, and boot out anyone they don't want associated with it.

Sounds like you only have 1/2 the story, and we are getting even less than that. You say "I tried reaching out to some of these leaders for advice regarding issues I've been facing and no one would talk to me." Are you talking about the issues you are facing with regards to your termination in the pack or are you talking about some personal issues? Have you talked to any of the parents in your son's den to see what they know? No matter what you end up finding out from the leaders or the parents, this does not sound like a situation that would beneficial for you or your son to remain in. Definitely time to start looking for another pack.

agreed you do seem to be missing some important information but its likely just bad luck with having courtney and gail now controlling the pack. the most likely solution is they just dont like you which could be for the most trivial and illogical reasons. the other leaders in most cases dont want to be involved with situations such as these and there will be very few or none within your local pack who might have the information to help. you always could consult with some lawyers/police regarding the bank fraud but that might not help you much. going in person to council with evidence of all of this and not leaving till you get answers might be the most productive.

For being "involved" in Scouting for "over 6 years" you never seem to have grasped the concept of how BSA is set up. That could mean you are a Troll, or simply clueless.

The Charter Organization that "owns" your Cub Scout Pack is the ONLY one that has any say in who is, or is not, a member of THEIR unit. The local council will have absolutely nothing to do with the drama between Pack leaders.

Way back when this drama started you should have gone to - First - the Pack's Charter Organization Representative. If that was not an option, then you should have contacted the head of the Charter Organization.

You can still do that IF you want to stay with this particular Pack.

Personally, I say, clean up your laundry, then find a different Pack that is more to your liking.

• Downvote 1
I'm a pack treasurer myself.

When I had the pack checking account transferred to me, the bank required a resolution passed by the pack committee to make the change.

Who is the chartered partner for the pack? The registered Institutional Head can decide who they want running their Cub Pack for them, and boot out anyone they don't want associated with it.

I did contact our Charter Rep which is the Elk's Lodge and they said that they're a non partisan organization and will not get involved in the politics.
Sounds like you only have 1/2 the story, and we are getting even less than that. You say "I tried reaching out to some of these leaders for advice regarding issues I've been facing and no one would talk to me." Are you talking about the issues you are facing with regards to your termination in the pack or are you talking about some personal issues? Have you talked to any of the parents in your son's den to see what they know? No matter what you end up finding out from the leaders or the parents, this does not sound like a situation that would beneficial for you or your son to remain in. Definitely time to start looking for another pack.
Definitely looked at other packs. The only reason I'm trying to get this somewhat resolved is because the situation was mishandled and I'd like to just get a simple apology for all stress and unnecessary burden. In addition, it's just wrong for people to be doing this to others without any justification or explanation. Doing this to others simply because they want control of the bank account is going a little too far.
agreed you do seem to be missing some important information but its likely just bad luck with having courtney and gail now controlling the pack. the most likely solution is they just dont like you which could be for the most trivial and illogical reasons. the other leaders in most cases dont want to be involved with situations such as these and there will be very few or none within your local pack who might have the information to help. you always could consult with some lawyers/police regarding the bank fraud but that might not help you much. going in person to council with evidence of all of this and not leaving till you get answers might be the most productive.
I did go to the police and lawyers. Police said that I might think it's fraud but if the bank doesn't want to do anything about it and if there were no personal monetary losses that I can prove then it's not a crime. Lawyers said that since the BSA is a private organization, they can be as discriminatory as they want and there's nothing that can be done if BSA does not want to step in.

I did go to our Charter Org. However charter org rep. was also unwilling to step in. They claim to be a non-partisan org and that the organization will not get involved in any of the scouting politics. So I did know that much. Totally agree with you. I'm trying to clean up this mess and already found a different Pack. Just would like others to know that even with all evidence I have,the charter Org, BSA and most parents are not stepping in. I'm very surprised, about this especially for an organization that is based on teaching boys values, morals, ethics, and doing the right thing.

If the COR isn't stepping in, then the CC is running the show. Get over it, take some time off, and find a new Pack. There's nothing more that can be done. Getting police/lawyers involved? Forget it. You did your best, and if this "new leadership" is going to steal from the Pack's account, the only group that should care about it is the Elks. And if anyone threatened me with lawyers/police, I wouldn't want them around me or my kids, either. Get some help, and I don't mean going to the Council or BSA National