X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jc2008 View Post
    we have one event in june and one in july. Usually bowling or laser tag or something else easy that the kids can show up to and we can have a good time no matter how many are able to make it.
    Laser tag?? Might want to check out the thread below. Laser tag and paint ball are no-nos officially.

http://www.scouter.com/forum/cub-scouts/16020-laser-tag

Now, if you guys want to meet at Main Event or wherever as a group of people who just happen to be in Scouts together, that's up to you.

Comment

"So I was looking at the Cub Scout Outdoor Activity Award today....and I wanted to ask others. While I love the idea of this award....I feel like it's whole purpose is to promote, there-by raising money for, District/Council Cub Scout Resident/Day Camp. I'm curious how others feel about the award...."

It's a fun award and popular with our Pack. It is true that to earn the award you do have participate in at least one official BSA resident camp or day camp event. I don't have problem with this because it is good for the boys to complete at least one requirement within the context of a larger Scouting activity and support your District. Not all of the requirements have to be done with the Den or Pack, they can also be done with your family. As far as fundraising, that depends on the District/Council running the camp and their financial needs for the coming year. Our District charges $60 for 5 days of Twilight Camp. I don't know if they make money or not because they also give out a substantial number of scholarships for boys in need to go to camp.

Comment

Working...
      X