Cub Camps now open to sibs?

From our Council:

Previously, Cub/Webelos Summer Camp has been open to Cub Scouting youth, their leaders, den chiefs, and parents. In order to more effectively embrace the role of family in Scouting in summer camp, we would also like to also welcome siblings to enjoy the camping experience.

That flies in the face of National Camp Standards which state (unless changed for this year - I haven't seen the new camp standards yet) youth must be registered members of the BSA. Siblings are certainly welcome at Family Camp, specifically mentioned within those Camp Standards, so perhaps they are changing to Family Camps.

1) Again unless things changed Momis correct.

2) If sibs do go to day camp it's usually in a day care format for staff only.

3) Wayne Brock, our current CSE, allowed some councils to pilot programs when he was one of the ACSEs. So this may be from that.

Our Cub camps have for a long time now, has done weekend Family camping (Parents, cubs, siblings) throughout the summer. Is that different? It was there in the 90's when my son was a cub and continues still.

The camps are struggling to stay open, so I can see them opening to sibs in order to generate more revenue.

There should be a distinct difference between weekend Family Camp, which can be a lot of fun as well as a revenue enhancer, and Resident Camp. I don't think they should be seen as interchangeable programs.

As always, it's the details that matter. Pappadady, is your council having family camp every week? Or, is it creating more weeks of family camp? Is there a week or two that are strictly cub camp?

I would not have minded my daughter in camp. She camps with us a lot. But for it to really work, I would have wanted a female den chief for all of the sisters.

THis was all that was posted on the Camp FB page. I assume they are talking about formal Resident Camp, not weekend Family Camp. Cub Resident Camp was usually the last two weeks of the summer, after Boy Scout Resident Camp. I will post more details as I learn them.