X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Webelos and Belt Loops

I have a question about the policy for Webelos achievements and how they relate to belt loops. The program was changed sometime in 2004-2005 to state that Webelos scouts should earn certain belt loops as part of their Webelos advancements. It was also stated that the belt loops should be earned while a Webelos (that belt loops earned as a bear would not count - they would need to be completed again).

The place where it's a little unclear is if a Bear scout partially earned one of these belt loops - do the partial achievements count towards the Webelos belt loop requirement, or must the scout start completely over?

I believe you need to work each advancement on its own rank. If it says earn as a Webelos, then Nothing from Bear is counted.

Comment

That would be my interpretation as well. A little review couldn't hurt...

If you wanted to get technical, though, the belt loop is not earned until ALL the requirements are completed.(This message has been edited by jonathanrbaker)

Comment

Nothing from prior years is counted including "partials." The requirement says that the belt loop must be earned as a Webelo. If he earned it earlier as a Tiger, Wolf, or Bear, he has to do it again.

Belt Loop requirements are fairly easy and you have an opportunity to do the requirements with the more advanced Webelos age group.

Comment

Thanks everybody for your feedback. That makes a lot of sense.

Comment

As a Web den leader I pushed the boys to look at the pin requirements.

If you are on the swim team as a forth grader and earn yet again the swimming belt loop -- what challenge is that? However, if you are that spacially challenged non-athletic boy who trys soccer and earns his beltloop that is a differnt ball of wax.

-- AK

Comment

Working...
            X