Just wanted to find out if anyone had any incite on the personality test that is given during your interview process as a DE?

I have been trying to find some information on it and have been unable to do so. Any information would be great.

That's a new one. I had no personality tests, at least not that I'm aware of.

A few things,

#1 Make sure you are on time. I had to drive to one interview and I was about 30-45 minutes late due to an accident on the interstate. And that was with plans to arrive 30 minutes early to change into my coat and tie

#2 Focus on the interview. My first interview did not go well at all. I had a personal crisis that arose just prior to the interview and all I could think about was the crisis. I was very distracted and it showed.

#3 BE YOURSELF!!! I think one reason I didn't get the job after the second interview was because I was nervous. I know I made a good impression as when I saw the SE at NLTC a year later, he remember me, and said he was sorry I ended up working for who I did.

I have several friends who work or worked as DE's. They never mentioned anything about any sort of personality test.

At the end of the day aren't most interviews a sort of personality test?

Other than a degree that for many DE's has nothing to do with the job there isn't any set laid down qualifications for being a DE.

DE's need to be goal oriented. A good DE will see from the get go that he or she needs the help of others in order to meet the goals that are in place.

Working with and along side volunteers and community leaders is very important.

So of course a person who gets along well with others can communicate well and is also a sales type person will do better than someone who is shy and doesn't like to around people.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me to hear that the BSA has fell head over heels in love with some test that is available.

This year I got stuck with teaching a class on Confronting Workplace Negativity, at the start there was a fairly long questionnaire that the participants had to fill out. It sorted people out into four groups and went on to say who would work best with other groups. - It was a four hour presentation and while after we'd broken the class down by age groups (Boomer's, Generation X, and so on.) Most of the classes got into it. I don't think anyone took the personality type too seriously.

Ea.

Yeah, I thought it was wierd. But I passed the first interviews an I now have to do this test. I was just looking to see if anyone had any ideas about it. I'm not to worried about it. I've taken several throughout my life for school and jobs.

My work employs a test, and if it is the same one or similar: READ ALL OF THE QUESTIONS BEFORE ANSWERING!!!!!!! (emphasis)

I had one person who took the test 4 times. After the first three, she was rejected and didn't understand why. I looked at the test and thought she might not be reading each question completely as the test asks the same questions over and over, but restates it enough to make the answers different.

4th time she got hired.

In the '50s, corporate American relied a great deal on personality tests. The results were taken seriously, with impact on hiring and promotion.

For an indepth look, read "The Organization Man" by William Whyte. Written circa 1956, Mr. Whyte examines the subject in detail and provides some very useful hints on how to take these tests.

Though it's more than 50 years old, the book examines a variety topics related to serving in an organization, and it's well written too. Many of his insights will ring true today.

It is the SRI exam I took it a few months back. It isn't hard and really just asks you basic questions. I was told that very few people have a problem passing the exam and to not stress over it. It really asks you basic things that have probably already been explained or brought up stuff like do the hours bother you are you organized rate that on a scale blah blah. It was very easy the only thing about it is it is timed so don't walk away answer the questions but I felt that it was easy if you think about what you have to do for the job and if you actually believe the things the scouts teaches.

Hope you have no problems.