Anyone have Pictures for Custom Chuckboxes.

I have always wanted to design and Build a Chuckbox around My Equipment instead of stuffing a Premade box with what will fit it.

Drafting Up a list of What I have in the Way of Utensils, Cookware soon along with My Version of Essential Spices and Dry Goods. Will Sketch up a Rough Draft soon I hope.

I'm impressed with the second design, mainly because I never saw it before. I like troop 21's system. Still not sure where the 2nd pair of staves gets stowed. Personally, I have a family camp box from my wife's uncle. No legs, but where there aren't picnic tables we can lash a stand or work off the ground. No food in the camp box. I had one national park raccoon successfully make off with a locally packed salami, because I was too sure I had properly secured it. :(

I cook for more than Just Scouts so I tend to have more gear than Most "Patrols", so Far this is What I have come up with in Equipment, as I have them spread out in different containers in the House and Storage Areas

Enameled Serving: (4) 8 Cup Percolating Coffee Pots, (12) Coffee Cups, (4) Large Coffee Cups, (12) Plates, (12) Bowls

(20) Forks, (20) Spoons, (20) Knives, (20) Steak Knives, (20) Large Plastic Glasses, (20) Plastic Bowls

Cooking: (2) Cast iron 8x11 Griddles, (1) 24x36 Cast Iron Griddle, (1) 5 Gallon Pot, (1) 12' Dutch Oven (2) 20" Ceramic Pizza Stones, (2) 6 quart pots.

Stainless Steel Serving: (4) Large Spoons, (4) Large slotted, (4) 4 oz server, (2) 4 oz slotted server, (2) 6 oz server, (3) 10 oz soup Server

2 spatulas, Wok

P38 style Can Opener, Set of Measuring Spoons, Set of Measuring Cups, (3) Wire Whisks, (4) Mixing Spatulas, Cutting Boards

Heavy Duty Roll of Aluminum Foil (500 ft Roll), Ziplock Bags, Paper Towels, Disposable Aluminum Pans

Dry Goods and Spices, Sugar, Flour, Morrison's Peppered Gravy Mix, Taco Seasoning, Chili Mix, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder, Elbow Macaronni, Pinto Beans, Onion Flakes, Basil, Beef Bullion, Chicken Bullion, Dry Ranch Dressing,Box of saltine Crackers, Bisquick (add Water Only Type), Hot Chocolate, spice Hot Apple Cider, Coffee (Caff and Decaff), Teas ( Various Flavors For Hot and Cold), Honey

I want to Include Solar Lights. Maybe an Old Fashion Bottle Opener on the Outside..mainly for Looks. Thinking I may Design it to Fit on Tailgate or on a Trailer.

I usually Haul my BBQ Trailer to Events.

When I do I have a Converted 15.5 Gallon Keg I use to heat water. The Big Griddle has pretty much replaces all skillets. As you Can see It sits on the Firebox. I am Thinking I willrework the BBQ Trailers also. I bought it, It was homemade. needs New Axle because new Rims don't fit the Hubs. I never use the right side direct fire grill..and The Upright Box never heated enough to be used like they wanted to..an Oven/warming Box.

I cook for more than Just Scouts so I tend to have more gear than Most "Patrols", so Far this is What I have come up with in Equipment, as I have them spread out in different containers in the House and Storage Areas

Enameled Serving: (4) 8 Cup Percolating Coffee Pots, (12) Coffee Cups, (4) Large Coffee Cups, (12) Plates, (12) Bowls

(20) Forks, (20) Spoons, (20) Knives, (20) Steak Knives, (20) Large Plastic Glasses, (20) Plastic Bowls

Cooking: (2) Cast iron 8x11 Griddles, (1) 24x36 Cast Iron Griddle, (1) 5 Gallon Pot, (1) 12' Dutch Oven (2) 20" Ceramic Pizza Stones, (2) 6 quart pots.

Stainless Steel Serving: (4) Large Spoons, (4) Large slotted, (4) 4 oz server, (2) 4 oz slotted server, (2) 6 oz server, (3) 10 oz soup Server

2 spatulas, Wok

P38 style Can Opener, Set of Measuring Spoons, Set of Measuring Cups, (3) Wire Whisks, (4) Mixing Spatulas, Cutting Boards

Heavy Duty Roll of Aluminum Foil (500 ft Roll), Ziplock Bags, Paper Towels, Disposable Aluminum Pans

Dry Goods and Spices, Sugar, Flour, Morrison's Peppered Gravy Mix, Taco Seasoning, Chili Mix, Sea Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Salt, Garlic Powder, Elbow Macaronni, Pinto Beans, Onion Flakes, Basil, Beef Bullion, Chicken Bullion, Dry Ranch Dressing,Box of saltine Crackers, Bisquick (add Water Only Type), Hot Chocolate, spice Hot Apple Cider, Coffee (Caff and Decaff), Teas ( Various Flavors For Hot and Cold), Honey

I want to Include Solar Lights. Maybe an Old Fashion Bottle Opener on the Outside..mainly for Looks. Thinking I may Design it to Fit on Tailgate or on a Trailer.

When I do I have a Converted 15.5 Gallon Keg I use to heat water. The Big Griddle has pretty much replaces all skillets. As you Can see It sits on the Firebox. I am Thinking I willrework the BBQ Trailers also. I bought it, It was homemade. needs New Axle because new Rims don't fit the Hubs. I never use the right side direct fire grill..and The Upright Box never heated enough to be used like they wanted to..an Oven/warming Box.

Hey Tex, you and whose army are gonna move this thing?

I still strongly suggest thinking in terms of separate modules for your food, vs. equipment.

Me and My Dodge 1500 Move it all the Time

I guess I could use one or two of those Stoves to heat stuff with on the serving Table.

Again Guys I ain't looking for replacement stoves because I don't Backpack Camp..I don't cook for just Scout Troops. I don't just Camp with Scouts. Last Camping trip with Area Outdoor Group we had 60 people all Ages.

When You Can Cook for 50+ on that stove by yourself let me Know.

Wanna Impress me cook a 10 lbs Pork Butt on it and Post a Picture of it.

Once you can do that we will work on it till you can cook 450 Lbs of Meat at one time, along with Baked Potatoes, Roasted Corn on the Cob, and 25 Lbs of Pinto Beans all at one time on it.

2 spatulas, Wok

Wait a minute. You've got all this stuff and rely on one old John Wayne can opener? is it on your key chain?

Nike commented Today, 07:02 PM

Wait a minute. You've got all this stuff and rely on one old John Wayne can opener? is it on your key chain?

I keep 4 at all times..

1 on Key Ring

1 in Chuck Box

2 Unopened In Case we Lose One

I buy them at Academy Sports 2 For .99, hard to beat that price. I also give them out to Cub Scouts who help with Chores when on Campouts.

I guess I could use one or two of those Stoves to heat stuff with on the serving Table.

Again Guys I ain't looking for replacement stoves because I don't Backpack Camp..I don't cook for just Scout Troops. I don't just Camp with Scouts. Last Camping trip with Area Outdoor Group we had 60 people all Ages.

Once you can do that we will work on it till you can cook 450 Lbs of Meat at one time, along with Baked Potatoes, Roasted Corn on the Cob, and 25 Lbs of Pinto Beans all at one time on it.

There's the Troop Method, and there's the District Method :-)

Now that's funny right there. I don't care who ya are!

Not exactly what you wanted, but the best improvement our troop made was when we burned our patrol boxes. We now use rubbermaid tubs that have packing diagrams. They can sit in the rain. They can be washed. They can be dropped without breaking someone's foot. And best of all, one eleven year old scout can carry it. Two at most. Stoves are on a shelf waiting to be checked out separate. Solves the issue of white gas leaking or if a patrol needs multiple stoves.

The old patrol boxes were heavy for two adults and required four eleven year old scouts to carry. Major weight savings in the trailer too considering we always have seven patrol tubs with us. Seven of the old patrol boxes would have bent the trailer axle.

Each tub has three wash basins, Trail Chef Aluminum Cook Kit (three pots, coffee maker, pans, etc), a cutting board, a fry pan, 1 gallon pitcher, a rolled up set of cooking utensils, measuring cups, etc. Plus anything else each patrol wants to add to their patrol tub. Tubs are labeled by patrol (aluminum foil, zip lock bags, etc).

Just a thought.

Not exactly what you wanted, but the best improvement our troop made was when we burned our patrol boxes. We now use rubbermaid tubs that have packing diagrams. They can sit in the rain. They can be washed. They can be dropped without breaking someone's foot. And best of all, one eleven year old scout can carry it. Two at most. Stoves are on a shelf waiting to be checked out separate. Solves the issue of white gas leaking or if a patrol needs multiple stoves.

The old patrol boxes were heavy for two adults and required four eleven year old scouts to carry. Major weight savings in the trailer too considering we always have seven patrol tubs with us. Seven of the old patrol boxes would have bent the trailer axle.

Each tub has three wash basins, Trail Chef Aluminum Cook Kit (three pots, coffee maker, pans, etc), a cutting board, a fry pan, 1 gallon pitcher, a rolled up set of cooking utensils, measuring cups, etc. Plus anything else each patrol wants to add to their patrol tub. Tubs are labeled by patrol (aluminum foil, zip lock bags, etc).

Just a thought.

Your patrols are named "aluminum foil" and "zip lock bags". :)

What is their yell ?