If memory serves me correctly I have written in this forum in the past to avoid Coleman canoes. Last night I was searching for information on Coleman canoes and learned that Coleman no longer manufactures canoes. Apparently they sold their canoe line to a Canadian company called Pelican. When one visits the Pelican site one can find some canoes that resemble old Coleman models. Does anybody know when this change took place?

Coleman® no longer makes hard shell boats, kayaks and canoes. That division was sold to Pelican in July of 2000. Serial numbers of canoes manufactured by Coleman® prior to 2000 begin with "CNP" or "CP". Parts and accessories for the Coleman® manufactured canoes are no longer available.

http://coleman.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/39/~/information-about-a-coleman%E2%AE-canoe

I have a lot of Pelican cases for shipping equipment safely. The Coleman canoes were the least-stable canoes I've ever experienced. I am glad they are no longer manufactured. Pelican will make a durable product but unless the hull design is improved, I'd still avoid them.