Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have wide feet (but oddly have been wearing regular 11s in boots, instead of 11W)... anyway, I can't find a decent boot around 50.00... whats a good recommendation? I have CAT Second Shift Work boots but hear they suck as hiking boots.

Comment

• qwazse
      qwazse commented
      Editing a comment
      14c. I haven't found anything serviceable for under $50. You can go to most discount shoe stores and find something close to that price. It may last a season.

I'm a big fan of Timberland.
      Last edited by qwazse; 02-05-2014, 10:27 PM. Reason: Ooops, wrong brand!

• RememberSchiff
      RememberSchiff commented
      Editing a comment
      Returns are often deeply discounted. At a REI yard sale, I scored a pair of returned Merrell Moab's for less than $13! Like you, I need wide and these were not, but it was the start of an interesting experiment. The fit was tight on the plus side it mitigated my plantar fasciitis pain so I could go the distance, on the negative side colder feet from constricted circulation and inability to wear thicker socks. YMMV.

Well, after the Chinese made shoddy boots I had, I decided to buy American made boots. I like Bates footware, but for whatever reason it started huting in one particular spot an I returned them. Father-in-law said try Thorogood boots, and I have been wearing these, http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNav...105&prodid=395 for almost a month now and am loving them. The look good, I wear them at the hospital, and am on my feet constantly now doing all kinds of tech set ups.

The ones I wanted were these, http://www.weinbrennerusa.com/dspNav...104&prodid=149 , but I needed new boots ASAP and could only afford the 6" sports hikers. No complaints so far, but we'll see how they hold up.

Comment

I swear by Vasque Boots. My first pair lasted almost 30 years of monthly camping, as well as a lot of snow shoveling/blowing. The second pair is on about year 10 and still look like new.

Comment

Rocky makes really good boots, my brother uses them for ROTC. I have a pair of Nike ACG boots, really comfortable and durable.

Comment

Working...
        X