Hi,

Have been working for a while on a Knot Pamphlet that, perhaps inevitably, morphed into a 40+ Knot Booklet.

Thought folks here might like to have a look.

It is a General Knot Booklet, but I think scouts will find several of the knots useful.

It is made available under the Creative Common License, so it is free, with the following conditions:

Attribution – Noncommercial – No Derivative Works

This is the download link:

http://goo.gl/c9dGuU

Any typos will be corrected, suggestions will be noted for a future update.

Please let me know what you think.

I reviewed this booklet. It seems to have a lot of good, useful knots; some of which I've never seen before. I believe it would be helpful, depending on what the overall purpose of the booklet is, to describe the uses of the various knots as well. My Scouts don't care for knots very much, until I introduce them to the practical purposes of them, and then they have a lot more interest...

I really like the illustrations for the most part. They are easier to follow than most other guides I have seen. The one I would like to see a better illustration for is the water knot. I know it is simple, I just have a hell of a time getting it right when tying my swami belt. Never can get it tight enough around my waist. A smaller belly would help, don't know if you can help me with that. :)

I really like the illustrations for the most part. They are easier to follow than most other guides I have seen. The one I would like to see a better illustration for is the water knot. I know it is simple' date=' I just have a hell of a time getting it right when tying my swami belt. Never can get it tight enough around my waist. A smaller belly would help, don't know if you can help me with that. :)[/quote']

Made a few minor changes to the Knot Booklet, calling it 2.1

Changes mostly to the text but also tinkered with the Water Knot illustration.

Hope this helps.

As to the smaller belly, if you find a painless solution, let me know :)

bokris: "uses of the various knots" is a mayor update, it is on my to do list.

qwazse: glad you liked it.

I believe you may have a spelling glitch on "tauntline", as I fairly certain you meant it to be "tautline". Clarified a couple things for me, though I will never be good at knots, even the ones I practice regularly for scouting. Diagrams always lose me in their loops and paths around and through, even those in color. But looks like could be a useful book.