Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cape Fear Council N Carolina = Seeking offshore charter transportation to/from Frying Pan Tower

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Fear Council N Carolina = Seeking offshore charter transportation to/from Frying Pan Tower

Hi Scouters - looking for a suggested resource for an August 2014 trip to Frying Pan Tower off the NC coast (http://www.fptower.com/). The site owner has given our troop an amazing deal for 12 of our senior scouts to come and enjoy a weekend of fishing, astronomy, navigation and more. There used to be a dedicated charter resource that would make trips to/from the tower at cost, but we understand that service is no more, and we're looking for a charter boat provider that's willing to cut Boy Scouts a deal (not a freebie, though that'd be nice) on a trip out on Friday morning, and back on Sunday.

There is absolutely no shortage of charter boats in the area, but rather than starting at "A" and working my way down, I'm looking for any suggestions that can be offered. We're also open to the types of transportation available - (sailboats, etc).

We are Troop 700 out of Ashland, VA (troop700va.org) and our guys (10 scouts, 2 adults) are really excited about this trip. We're prepared to do some fundraising to support the transportation costs, and want to wrap our heads around our financial target early. Drop me a response on the forum, or email me directly cstauden AT gmail DECIMAL com. If you don't see a follow-up post from me about our solution in this thread, consider this request still active.

Chuck S.
    Troop 700
    Ashland, VA

I know what the fox says, and at 2am outside your tent, it's pretty freaky.
    Last edited by ChuckSt8er; 02-05-2014, 01:51 PM. Reason: Added contact info.

Doesn't the owner have some point outs for you? Not necessarily for discounts, but I imagine the owner knows the captains and could point you to some maybes....

from the web page:
    ~~Boat / Fishing: Owner, Jason Wheatley of the Holden Beach Marina has several Captains who can take your group out both to the tower and for an exciting 1/2 day of fishing on Friday or full day on Saturday! Contact Jason at (910) 367-7287 or by email. They can make your ride out more exciting with charter fishing added to your trip out.

I'm fascinated by this idea. I'm from Wilmington originally, still get back to visit family often. Was up there just a few weeks agiin fact. I had no idea that this was no privately owned and open for public adventure.
    I'm curious though. Not many pictures of the inside, or much information on what kind of things you'd be doing.
    Do they allow SCUBA diving under it while you're there?
    It could be an interesting dive trip.... for a couple nights or so, maybe one night of just fishing and hanging out..... but I can't imagine much more.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X