Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basementdweller View Post
    Kinda tough backpacking with a baker tent
    We were not a Back Packing Troop..
    Except for two trips to Philmont I never Backpacked in Equipment. My Last Philmont we never even pitched Tents. We slept in Hammocks or on Ground without Ground Cloths. I know Can't Now
    We used Bakers at Summer Camp..Cots no Ground Clothes..
    Even On Summer Camp Staff we Had Wall Tents on Raised Metal Platforms with Wooden Floors and Slept on Cots... NO A/C..Now Days staff sleeps in building with A/C..and the Raised Platforms have been neglected and are being torn out. I want to save as many as we can and Build Small Cabins on them.
    Last edited by jpstodwftexas; 07-07-2013, 05:18 PM. Reason: Grammar and Spelling

Comment

I have a shower curtain falling off its hooks that I might try to use as a ground cloth. Better than throwing it in the trash.

Comment

• King Ding Dong
        King Ding Dong commented
        Editing a comment
        If you can get one with yellow duckies on it all the better.

I like this 'Sportsman's Blanket.' An Eagle Scout who gave a winter camping presentation to our troop suggested it. It's compact and lightweight, with one reflective side that can be faced up in cold weather and down in warmer weather. It is only 5' x 7', but it works well with the right sized tent.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/...tsmans+blanket

Color: Blue
      This grommeted, all-season, weather-proofed blanket, offers reflective warmth against cold and wetness. Constructed with a stronger multi-directional reinforcement layer which provides additional tensile and burst strength. Opens to 5'x7'. Folded size: 4" x 5" x 1.5". Two-sided-metalized polyethylene on one side, colored polyethylene on the other side. Wt. 13oz.

Comment

The only time I use a groundcloth is if I'm using a tarp (no floor). On a recent trip to the Smokies where we had to pitch on gravel platforms, my backpacking tent with it's ultralight 30D floor was the only one that didn't get wet when torrential rains created nice ponds on these platforms.

Comment

Working...
        X