Parents writing Eagle references for child

The boy is required to list a parent or guardian as a reference.

If your question is about a written reference being normal, that varies by council (ours requires the boy to collect them). There is nothing on the application that says someone on the BOR couldn't volunteer to check each reference by phone or simply walk around town and get a handshake on each reference's vouching for the boy.

Is this a new thing? I just don't remember being sent a reference form' date=' and my oldest son had his EBOR about a year ago.[/quote']

Not new. Maybe the Mrs. took care of it for you? Or, maybe he "adopted" another parent who he thought would write a more glowing recommendation. :cool:

Such was noted as a "modification" to the new Eagle Procedure Guide here in the NCAC...http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.ncacbsa.org/resource/group/dabf2b2b-f7f6-48ee-a27c-9cc7e1a94a55/Documents/Eagle_Scout_Procedures_Guide.pdf?hhSearchTerms=%22Eagle+and+Procedure+and+Book%22

I wasn't asked to write one for my son' date=' BUT parents are always called in to EBOR's to talk with the Board in our District.[/quote']

And in our district both I and my wife wrote letters for our son, but we were not allowed in the EBOR. Not a lot of standardization on things it would seem.