Perfect Attendance Award

I have always understood that the perfect attendance award was for a scout who attends every troop meeting for a year. But unless I missed it in the Guide to Advancement, I see no requirements. Can a troop make their own requirements? For example, a scout who attends every campout and extra activity during a year? What do you think?

Dale

I've read here, or someplace, before that some make it as you've described

but some will set some arbitrary thresholds, such as attend x% of all troop meetings & y% of all camps.....

or maybe all troop meetings and x% of the camps

or all troop meetings and no outing requirement.....

I looked into it a few years back because my son, then a Tiger actually did get perfect attendance, all den meetings, all pack meetings, and all outings and camps..... but our unit didn't participate in it. By the time I was able to sort it out it was the following year, and seemed, well silly to back track it.

I've read here before that some make it as you've described

some will set some arbitrary thresholds, such as attend x% of all troop meetings & y% of all camps.....

I looked into it a few years back because my son, then a Tiger actually did get perfect attendance, all den meetings, all pack meetings, and all outings and camps..... but our unit didn't participate in it. By the time I was able to sort it out it was the following year, and seemed, well silly to back track it.