how long to hear back from national?

Not sure where you are NAE, but in our council it is normally less than a month unless there is some issue; and that is just normal channels. The last one in my own troop was in the council office 3 weeks after the board. The longest I have seen, other than a couple with problems was about six weeks.

The last three Eagle applications we have sent in have been returned in 3-4 weeks. The longest we have waited recently is about 6 weeks, but part of that was our council person who handles them was on vacation and it sat in our local office for a few weeks before being sent to National.

Dale

Thanks everyone. My son just completed his board last night and the council person said she was turning in the paperwork today. He doesn't want a separate special eagle court of honor he just wants it to be part of a troop court of honor (troop has had both so no big deal) Next COH schedule with the troop is just over a month away so was just curious if he'd be able to do it then. He is working on writing up his portion of the ceremony and only having a couple people come for something special (mentor and eagle pledge) He just let them know that date and that once he knows for sure he's able to do it that night he will let them know. He told me if he doesn't hear in time for doing it that night he'll talk with the PLC to see if they can schedule a troop COH the next month and considering the PLC and his relationship with everyone in the troop I know it won't be an issue, but I know there won't be as many awards to hand out other than his if wait an extra month.

• Upvote 1
Thanks everyone. My son just completed his board last night and the council person said she was turning in the paperwork today. He doesn't want a separate special eagle court of honor he just wants it to be part of a troop court of honor (troop has had both so no big deal) Next COH schedule with the troop is just over a month away so was just curious if he'd be able to do it then. He is working on writing up his portion of the ceremony and only having a couple people come for something special (mentor and eagle pledge) He just let them know that date and that once he knows for sure he's able to do it that night he will let them know. He told me if he doesn't hear in time for doing it that night he'll talk with the PLC to see if they can schedule a troop COH the next month and considering the PLC and his relationship with everyone in the troop I know it won't be an issue, but I know there won't be as many awards to hand out other than his if wait an extra month.
I applaud your son for deciding to do his Eagle Award presentation during a troop COH. The separate cornonations are completely unnecessary. Having his award presented to him during the Troop COH gives more people the chance to attend, and also allows him to give back to his Troop by inspiring the younger Scouts, many of which may have never seen it before.

Congratulations on your sons achievement!

Sentinel947

The last few have been well under two weeks. Everything now is electronic. Here, the council stocks the presentation kits and prints all the certificates locally. Apps are vetted locally by the council registrar before it goes to the board of review. I really don't know why it needs to go to national anyway. Sounds like dog-wizzing-on-tree to me.

not heard yet, but only been a week and a half and still have plenty of time. But I did get a little scare this week....

Normally I as SM get the big envelope of approval mailed to me and I notify and congratulate the scout and hand over the packet to our advancement chair. The other day I grabbed the mail and there is a small envelope from BSA addressed to my son and I'm like "that's weird" he went from school straight to work and I had things going on that night so I didn't know when it would get opened and the "what the heck is this" was driving me nuts.... so I broke the law LOL and opened it only to find that it was just his card for approval as a merit badge councilor LOL oh the stress LOL I'm just glad I did open it and didn't stress and wonder all day and night about what could have gone wrong LOL