Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeat post

Comment

You haven't earned a rank until after board. Unless it's Eagle that occurs within the troop. One of your jobs as Advancment chair is to arrange these boards and submit unit advancement report to council.
      once that is done you can get your patches .Next meeting after board is plenty immediate . If it's Eagle he's not officially an Eagle until paperwork is processed at National after his BOR.
      Did you get supplied with current Advancement guide (released 2011) ?can download from National website. All you need is 3 adult members for board not SM or ASM . Our troop schedules boards as
      soon as boy has finished SM conference . We recognise him immediatly and supply patch next meeting and at quarterly COH we recognise all for that time period,present mother's pin and boys pin then.
      Like others suggested if you have leftover patches it's fine to give it immediatly but if not ,waiting a week is not too bad.

Our district does Eagle boards twice a month (we are a large district )

Comment

Sorry if my last post addressed things you allready knew. Reread rest of posts and realized I may have missed the point.

Comment

I would caution against awarding a rank or merit badge before at least entering the advancement in Internet Advancement. There have been too many cases where an unregistered Scout has been advanced and it is only caught when the Scout goes for his Eagle and council does the checking.

Comment

44 I am not talking about merit badges..... A lad can wait till the COH to be given them.

I am talking rank, Like peri, we use troopwebhost and I or the CC can enter he pasted his BOR immediately and we simply print the advancement form from the program to be turned into council.

A gain I am a member of a small troop and that maybe the difference.

Comment

• DLister
              DLister commented
              Editing a comment
              Why treat merit badges different from rank advancement in this situation? They should also be awarded at the earliest possible convenience, not just at Courts of Honor. I'm not suggesting troop stock-pile MB patches as well, but to make a scout wait up to 3 months for it doesn't sound kosher to me.

• Basementdweller
              Basementdweller commented
              Editing a comment
              Merit badges are kinda like belt loops in cub scouting.......Kinda irrelevant in the big picture of things, when is the last time you saw a scout with a merit badge sash on running around a summer camp??????

• DLister
              DLister commented
              Editing a comment
              How about a scout who wants to wear his MB sash at an Eagle CoH in a couple of weeks for a friend from another troop? Or a new scout who just completed his first merit badge... do you tell him "good job, now you have to wait three months before you actually receive the badge"? They earned it, don't make them wait for it.
          Working...
          X